Dragaera

New/old crack...

David Silberstein davids at Kithrup.COM
Mon Oct 25 18:09:27 PDT 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Chris Turkel wrote:

>On Oct 25, 2004, at 8:12 PM, Jot Powers wrote:
>
>> I haven't seen this one discussed before, so it's old, but
>> new.  (I also didn't see it in a quick persual of
>> http://cracksandshards.com )
>>
>> On page 83 of my paperback copy of Teckla, Vlad says he's
>> seen Spellbreaker dangling in mid-air once, when he got
>> it, from under Dzur Mountain.
>>
>> This is clearly a case where Steven changed the story
>> for Taltos, when he gets Spellbreaker from Loraan's keep,
>> dangling in mid-air.
>
>Maybe he's just messing with us readers, to keep us honest :-)

Perhaps.

However, it may be that some of Sethra's rooms or corridors
resemble Loraan's keep.  Vlad has mentioned, for example, some of
the weird gizmos and whatnot she has.  And perhaps one of these
gizmos *did* cause Spellbreaker to dangle in mid-air, perhaps more
memorably than when he first saw it in Loraan's keep.

Perhaps.

Or maybe someone had a brainfart.

Who can say?