Dragaera

Culture (was Architecture question for Steve based upon theSun, the Moon &

Tue Oct 26 19:59:27 PDT 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:20:05PM -0600, Howard Brazee wrote:
> David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> >
> > I'd have thought the *top* of the food chain would be the carrion
> > eaters.  Or at least the obligate carnivores.
>
> How about the virus?

Viruses are not classified as living organisms - they do not grow, they do
not consume food, they are not made of one or more cells, they don't even
have cell parts, and they don't respond to their environment.  This would
indicate they cannot be a part of the food chain, and are outside of it in
the same way that a forest fire is outside of it.

Kat