Dragaera

Today's cooking recipe for an article on Dragaeran life, culture, and art.

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 21:20:33 PST 2004

Chris Olson - SunPS  wrote on Wed, 17 Nov 2004
on the subject of Dragaeran deer hunting

>I'm not sure we know enough.  Doesn't the chreotha(?) use
>a form of psionics to lure prey to their nets?  I suspect
>a similar method could be used to lure deer (darr?:) to
>their end.  Of course, envisioning a hunter walking into
>Dragaera playing a pipe with a herd of deer following
>sheep-like behind him doesn't quite lend itself to a sense
>of decorum, but if it puts the venison on the table...

>Just a thought. <grin>

Hi,

I do not remember any mention of chreotha using psionics.
Anybody?

Athyra use psionics to "find prey, and they frighten off
predators".

I was thinking a darr was a deer (darr a deer, augghhh!)
...darr-skin boots etc until I came across the text that
says darr have two feet.
The Phoenix Guards Chapter the Twenty-sixth page 317.

Also, the first extract on food I came across involved
"a dish involving darr meat ".  So I thought venison was
something besides darr meat.
The Phoenix Guards, Chapter the Fourth, page 42

I also wonder if we are are wrong to assume venison
is deer meat.

The Aol on-line dictionary says venison is
"the edible flesh of a game animal and especially a deer"
That could apply to almost every animal on Dragaera.

Anybody remember deer showing up anywhere in the books?

Another hunting method on Dragaera might be using a trained
chreotha!

"Enough, perhaps, to satisfy Your Majesty's curiosity, if,
indeed, Your Majesty has any."

"I assure you, Captain, I have some, and, moreover, it is
now jumping around in its cage like one of Lord Weer's
trained chreotha."

Five Hundred Years After, Chapter the Sixth page 75

Of course, trained chreotha and the skill to train them
may have been wiped out in Adron's Disaster.

Bye.

Linda G.