Dragaera

kethna

Tue Nov 23 08:48:22 PST 2004

Joy Jennifer Nicholson wrote:

>I would consider it likely that kethna  have 4 legs and 2 wings.  A significant
>number of "native" animals in Dragaera seem to have a total of 6 limbs - the jhereg,
>the tiassa (which has wings), and the cat-centaurs.

Jhereg have a total of 4 limbs. The cover artists probably used a
traditional fantasy dragon template, which is 6 limbs, but Steve has
confirmed that Loiosh has two legs, two wings. Thus the confusion; if
you believe the covers, Vlad actually doesn't have a mustache and has
red hair. And every cover appeals to a broader fantasy base by having
what seems to be a mini-dragon, but this doesn't match the description
of jhereg in the books. (Loiosh would kill me if I had used the words
"pet dragon" instead...)

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand