Dragaera

Winner, NaNoWriMo 2004

Wed Dec 1 11:19:03 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Hart" <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
To: <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Winner, NaNoWriMo 2004

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Steve Brust wrote:
>
> > ... Finishing a first novel is the hardest thing a writer
> > will ever have to do [...]
>
> Ever try to write a non-cringe-causing villanelle?
>
> I'm not at all a novelist, but based on hearsay - is it not the case
> that it's harder to write a satisfactory second novel than a first?
> I figure I've got a novel in me somewhere but probably not two.

heh. One hard sci-fi, one romance (don't ask), a children's book and a manga
storyline are currently percolating in my cranium. Fortunately, I am such a
procrastinator, by the time I get around to putting pen to paper, I will
have finished writing them in my mind.

I am in awe of you that found the time to punch out 50k + words in a month,
and have them remain in any coherent form. Whenever I attempt to write that
way I end up changing direction or style before I am through.

Jeff