Dragaera

you suck

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Dec 6 09:43:39 PST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:27:13 -0600, Johne Cook <johne.cook at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jhereg entertained me, Yendi intrigued me, but Teckla broke my heart.
> It went in a direction that no sane author would go (from a Marketing
> perspective).

I suspect we needed this book *before* Issola.   Some aspects of Issola
seem to pander to that in us that would have us running godlike characters
in D&D.   Except we already know that Steve is not ready to go there.   He
can't use Godslayer to solve his marital problems, for instance.

But he can use it to stop being on the lam all the time.   And he can use
it to be part of the establishment that causes some of the conflict with
his wife - but in a different way now.

His existing conflicts won't be solved by this power - and I'm pretty sure
the conflicts that are coming up won't be solved by it either.