Dragaera

SKJB / Dream Cafe' swag ideas

Shannon Wimberly shannon3d at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 07:41:46 PST 2004

Yeah, the stuff is actually for him to walk into Blockbusters and give away.  That's his job.  The stuff just tends to spread out and take over expecially during big promotional times (like the end of the year)
Freecycle is very nice.  I've gotten rid of some old computer stuff and other 'junk' that way.  I recommend using it if you've got things you don't want to just throw out but you don't think will sell on ebay.

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:
Shannon Wimberly wrote on Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:09:52 -0800 (PST)

>We're awash in promotional swag at my house. Anyone want a Playstation pen?
>How about a box of them?

Shannon Wimberly wrote on Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:08:09 -0800 (PST)

>taken over my garage, my porch and my guest room.

Hi,

If you want to give the stuff away for free, I read about this website in
USA Weekend: freecycle.org I checked and it is still an actual website.
That and the tiny article I read are all I know about it.

It was set up by a person wanting to reduce the junk put into landfills.
Article says "Think of it as eBay without the price tag." "How it works:
Local chapters filter listings, members e-mail each other to schedule
pickups." You might find a local charity or group who really needs and
wants the stuff.

Or even easier...just walk into your local Blockbuster with an open box
of the pens and say "Here, these are for your customers." And then walk
calmly out of the store before they can give them back to you or ask you
any questions.

Also, your gaming merchandizer husband may want to get in contact with
carpovita at earthlink.net AKA Rion Bergquist. There are also several
other people on this list involved with conventions.

Rion Bergquist wrote on Tue, 7 Dec 2004

>now I have to have this Brust-ware in my closet and it does not
>yet even exist.

>Hey Steve can I cut my graphic designers and shirt printer loose on this for
>Opus 05?

Rion, if this happens, would we have to actually go to Opus 05 to buy
something?

Bye.

Linda G.