Dragaera

Today's cooking recipe for an article on Dragaeran life, culture, and art.

Sat Dec 11 23:51:13 PST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:

> Today's cooking extract is from Emperor Tortaalik I in Dragaera City.
>
> "His Majesty looked down at his plate, where a few lonely fish
> bones were floating in a sea of butter and lemon.  He wiped his
> lips on his sleeve"
>
> Five Hundred Years After, Chapter the Eighth, page 100

AFB, but the booksearch yields:

"a few lonely fish bones were floating (belly up, perhaps) in a sea of
butter and lemon. He then wiped his lips on his sleeve..."

I wonder if the scanner added a few garnishes...  At "belly up" I'm
suddenly in Gormenghast.