Dragaera

creative writing

MedCat7 at aol.com MedCat7 at aol.com
Mon Dec 13 07:01:54 PST 2004

If you really want to go to school for writting, go for it! i didn't like my college writting class. We had to read a dumb book called _Island_ by Adolus Huxley (?sp) and then write what we thought about it. The best thing you can get from writting classes is writting grammer. My teacher looked like he was going to kill himself any day and I really didn't like the class as a whole. I hated college. I quit. I went back to school though because I love learning. I became a medical assistant. I don't make a crap load of money, but I make enough and I love my job. I too hope to write a novel someday, but I seriously think i have adult ADD because i get one of two chapters done and don't finish. I started, at the least, 6 books! So do what you want, Kid ;o). That's just the opinion of a disgrunted wanna-be writter.

Best of luck to you!
-Crystal ^..^

Forgive me for something extremely off topic but Steve’s web log got me thinking.

I am a high school senior and as the fate of all such people I am stuck with the perilous question of where to go to college.  I finished my applications on Friday.  As I completed the application process, it occurred to me that I’ve been thinking far too much, about what is practical than what I will enjoy.   I stumbled across Brust in 3rd grade and since then have had a deep love for reading and later writing fantasy.  I however, don’t have the guts to write professionally.  I figure that many people on this list have taken creative writing courses.   Were these courses worthwhile?  Where are the best creative writing programs?  If I was confident that I would get something out of these classes except for enjoyment, I might be able to think more about doing something I love rather than doing something for financial motives.