Dragaera

next update

MedCat7 at aol.com MedCat7 at aol.com
Tue Dec 21 06:56:43 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/20/2004 11:03:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, FRIEDA2133 at aol.com writes:

>MedCat7.aol.com  wrote on Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:19:21 -0500
>
>>2."Everyone generalizes..."  13
>
>>I have yet another request; which website are we putting on the stickers?
>and
>>if someone could please give me the exact quote (thank you in advance), I
>would
>>greatly appreciate it!
>
>Hi,
>
>Vlad says "I guess.  I'm generalizing from one example, here, but
>everyone generalizes from one example.  At least, I do."
>
>Issola paperback, Chapter 14, page 211.
>
>When Steven Brust and David Dyer-Bennet were writing about using websites,
>they were talking about the T-shirt idea. Steven Brust said no to his website
>until he can talk or email the originator of the name.  I added the *s.
>
>Steve Brust wrote on Wed, 08 Dec 2004 11:56:44 -0800
>
>>However, I do feel obligated to point out that "The Dr**m C**e" is
>>something I stole from Greg Brown, which might put a kabosh on the whole
>>thing.
>
>Steve Brust wrote on Thu, 09 Dec 2004 06:22:03 -0800
>
>>I suppose I could send email to Mr. Brown and ask him.
>
>>I know that I certainly wouldn't do this without asking him.
>

>David Dyer-Bennet wrote on Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:37:23 -0600
>
>>(I'm actually thinking in terms of pointing to dragaera.info rather
>>than dr**mc**e.com, but they point to each other anyway, so that's
>>more a second-order difference.)
>
>I do not remember Steven or David writing anything about the bumper
>sticker or sticker idea at all.
>
>Bye.
>
>Linda G.

There you have it then; no website on the bumpersticker! If it is ok with everyone (for those who acctually want the sticker) the sticker will read:

"Everyone genralizes from one example. At least I do."
**smaller font** _Issola_, Chp 14

That way, (interested) people will wonder what "Issola" is and if they remember, they can look it up on line or something and buy the book.
If anyone has anything else to say (unless it's to shoot down the idea), please let me know.
-C ^..^