Dragaera

S-OT: Culinary Recommendations

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Thu Dec 23 22:44:51 PST 2004

Hi,

Chris Olson - SunPS wrote on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:06:31 -0800 (PST)

>I was thinking of making something akin to the rice
>balls with a touch of honey (as read about in one
>of the Brust books--anyone recall which one?), as
>that always sounded pretty cool and would likely go
>well with the dressing, too.

"He gave us each what I thought was just a ball of rice, only
the rice had been prepared with ginger, and saffron, and
I swear a tiny bit of honey;  it was quite remarkable."

Found using dragaera Search.

Issola, Chapter 13, paperback page 196.

From: Chris Olson - SunPS wrote on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:52:11 -0800 (PST)

>Still want to make some of the Dragaeran recipes, but
>it's hard to find Kethna in the Bay Area. <grin>

As has been mentioned before, pork may be substituted for kethna.
If you make any Dragaeran recipes, below is a description of the
type of cooking article that David would like to post on
dragaera.info  .

David Dyer-Bennet wrote on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 00:17:34 -0600

>The other kind of cooking article I hope to have some of some day is a
>specific recipe, worked out in detail, with explanations of what
>decisions they had to make along the way, why they made them, and how
>their friends liked the result :-).  Or perhaps several recipes
>combined, as a report on a "Dragaeran dinner" (yes, it's been done
>before).

>And kinds of cooking articles I haven't thought of will be looked at
>with a moderately open mind.

Chris Olson - SunPS wrote on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:40:50 -0800 (PST)

>Any suggestions on a "main dish" to serve with this?

See Issola, Chapter 13, paperback page 195-196.

or how about recipe is from an inn The Campaigner that was
located (need I mention before said city was destroyed) in Dragaera
City:

"a dish involving darr meat rolled around chunks of delicately
seasoned beef and covered with a sauce in which butter, cream, and
tarragon figured prominently."

No idea what a darr is except darr have two legs.

Bye.

Linda G.