Dragaera

just for fun

Tue Dec 28 17:00:59 PST 2004

On Dec 28, 2004, at 7:51 PM, abcmm at att.net wrote:

> Must say my favorites are Jhereg, To Reign In Hell, and 500 Years
> After.  In that order.  But picking a favorite Brust book is like
> choosing a piece chocolate from a tray of all your favorite
> chocolates...  No matter what you pick your going to enjoy it.

I was working in a hobby (D&D) shop when I stumbled across them. We had
a used book section and there was a copy of Taltos. I started reading
it and was engrossed. The tone of the book suggested that the reader
knew what he (Steve) was talking about and lo behold in the front of
the book where the previous ones. I went out and bought them
immediately. Since Phoenix, I have bought all of the Vlad books in the
first week they came out. The exception was Issola, which I got as an
ARC off ebay. Then I purchased the hardcover a couple of months later
when I could afford it and to support Steve.

My top three favorite Brust books: Jhereg, Yendi (Ya, his least
favorite, go figure) and Phoenix. Phoenix might be tied with Dragon.
They are all good.