Dragaera

just for fun

Tue Dec 28 18:10:32 PST 2004

At 5:43 PM -0500 12/28/04, MedCat7 at aol.com wrote:

>When did everyone discover the wonder that is Steven K.Z. Brust and
>what got you all in to it?

Embarassingly enough, I bought _Jhereg_ while in high school in hopes
of impressing a boy I had a crush on (he had effervesced over the
volume). I also bought _Yendi_, the only other Dragaera book out at
the time, because I figured I'd want it after I had gotten around to
reading the first one. Then I bought _Teckla_ when it came out,
because I *still* hadn't gotten around to it. In fact, I didn't get
around to it until I was in college, so I never got to discuss it
with my crush. But on a family vacation right before my sophomore
year, I brought the series along to serve as hotel reading material,
and once I had cracked them open, my family very nearly had to prise
them from my hands with a crowbar to get me to do anything else all
weekend! Thank goodness we were home by the time I got to _Teckla_,
however, as I cried for something like 2 days after reading it (going
through a rough patch with the ol' boyfriend, wouldn't you know it!).

I very geekily wrote down all the lines I thought particularly funny,
along with the Cycle poem itself, in poster form to hang in my dorm
room. Then I rendered the Cycle poem in illuminated calligraphy. =)

You can bet _Taltos_ did *not* sit around on my bookshelf before I devoured it.

My favorites thus far are _Issola_, _Dragon_, and _To Reign In Hell_.

--Melissa
--
http://www.melissagay.com