Dragaera

House Pictures

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sun Jan 9 11:31:12 PST 2005

 Hi,

Additions to jhereg

"He flew over to her and wrapped his talons around her wrist.  She
scratched under his chin, going with the scales."

The Book of Taltos, Yendi, Chapter 7, page 233

"She held out her arm, and Loiosh flew to her, allowed his chin to
be scratched, and then, just to show his high regard for her, he bent
his head to allow her to scratch the scales that concealed his ears:
a special mark of honor, because jhereg are very protective of their
ears.  I don't know if Sethra appreciated the honor."

Issola, Chapter 2, paperback, page 31

jhereg have only two legs.  You will not find this
in the text, but Steven Brust wrote on Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:48:14 -0800

>Oh, and the other thing is that the jhereg does not have four legs.  That's
>the cover artist's rendition.  I think it's a great cover, but that doesn't
>mean it's accurate.  :-)

Bye.

Linda G.