Dragaera

Vlad Taltos Lavode/Pregnancy

Tue Jan 25 15:51:38 PST 2005

*
SPOILERS
*

> Maybe the speculative-minded could figure out who VN got his soul from...

My brother has an idea about this; I believe I've shared it with you all
before, but here it is again:  Kieron.

Why?  It works like this:

Kieron gave Aliera his sword in the Paths of the Dead in Taltos, and told
her not to "give it to another or let it be taken from" her.  If she does,
he says "I'll come and take it."

She promptly turns around and gives it to Sethra the Younger, who plans to
invade the East with it.

So where is Kieron?

Perhaps he kept his word, and came back to get his sword.  And, assuming he
doesn't came back as the Undead, maybe he came back via reincarnation.  But
as who?

"Kieron the Conquerer.  Father of the Dragaeran Empire, elder of the
proudest of lines of the House of the Dragon, hero of myth and legend, first
of the great Dragaeran butchers of the Easterners" comes back to reclaim his
sword from a Dragonlord anxious to use it in precisely the manner he himself
once used it, reincarnated as an Easterner and son of the (soul)brother who
betrayed him:  VN.

Bryan