Dragaera

duh!

Michele Riccio mr1 at rcosta.com
Wed Jan 26 09:22:17 PST 2005

On 26 Jan 2005 at 11:37, Steve Simmons wrote

Date sent:      	Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:37:40 -0500
From:           	Steve Simmons <scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us>
Subject:        	Re: duh!

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:18:01AM -0500, Rachel wrote:
>
> > I noticed mostly male voices were weighing in on this (unless I
> > missed some not as obvious female handles). My opinion is that she
> > would know at a minimum of three weeks after conception . . .
>
> I know at least one woman who was preparing for a long, stressful bit
> of excercise (an ascent of Mt. Everest).  As the ascent got closer,
> she needed a recent physical certifying her good health. At that point
> she was discovered to be pregnant; 4 months if I recall.  This was an
> intelligent woman, in her middle 30s, with one previous child.

Are we all assuming a completely predictible cycle?  Cawti may be
somewhat eratic in this respect, so a few weeks or even months late
may not clue her in right away.

And what about birth control?  She may have been using something
before she and Vlad were married that persists in her system or
threw her cycle off when she stopped taking it - and masked her
awareness of the pregnancy.

Michele Riccio
mr1 at rcosta.com