Dragaera

Necromancy

Thu Jan 27 12:25:34 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jose Marquez" <jhereg69 at earthlink.net>
To: "Dragaera" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Necromancy

> Philip Hart wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Jeff G. wrote:
> >

> >>Jose Marquez wrote:
> >>
> >The no "So-and-so wrote" is a pain...

> >>No, they can't. Otherwise they would not keep trying to reaccess
Dragerea to
> >>get to the Sea of Chaos.
> >>

> >Ooh, slick!
> >

> I liked it, too. But it raises an interesting question: how the hell did
> the Jenoine manage to not notice chaos-creation abilities as one of the
> "gifts" they implanted in their test subjects? Or perhaps their
> experiments on humans/Dragaerans were not so precise. Also, does this
> mean the Jenoine named Kieron? How did he and the other members of the
> 31 tribes learn language/culture, if not from parents? If humans and
> Dragaerans started out from the same stock, and the Jenoine are the
> creators, why would a slightly modified variant who holds honor in high
> regard want to wipe out his cousins?

They may have been held apart as breeding stock. Aliera does not care for
this line of thought, and does not believe it, as is stated by Sethra. For
the most part, Drageareans are unaware of the link between themselves and
Easterners.

> Some of these questions make me think that the Jenoine experiments
> involved genetic manipulation, but also limited evolution by letting
> their experiments breed. Going back to chaos, this means that either the
> Jenoine deliberately built-in chaos-creation abilities in three (or
> more) lab rats, or these lab rats gained these abilities through
> mutation (possibly Verra-aided mutation?), which in my mind takes
> parents that are not Jenoine.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jose

Remember, the Sea of Chaos was not created until the event that removed the
Jenoine from Dragerea. We have insufficent information as to the presence of
Chaos on Dragerea prior to then. I would think that your last theory is
true, that chaos creation was a Verra aided mutation, as it is linked to the
soul rather than the body. Also, if the Jenoine added it, there would be
more than one genetic line that could do it. Manipulation of it seems to be
an inherent learned skill, as any sorcerer can do it, including the various
deities and the Jenoine, so that may have been a Jenoine added option.

Jeff G.