Dragaera

evolution in languege: OT

MedCat7 at aol.com MedCat7 at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 13:48:40 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/1/2005 4:19:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jose Marquez <jhereg69 at earthlink.net> writes:

>MedCat7 at aol.com wrote:
>
>>In a message dated 2/1/2005 3:27:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Michele Riccio" <mr1 at rcosta.com> writes:
>>

>>>On 31 Jan 2005 at 17:31, MedCat7 at aol.com wrote

>>>You left out my favorite - "wicked pissa"!

>>Ah, yes, and the eva popula "er" changed to "a."
>>Pak the cah in Havad's yad.
>>I love New England!
>>-C
>>

>Yeah, but there's hardly any parking in Harvard Yard; you gotta go on
>Garden St. or maybe Brattle St. to find anything. I usually just leave
>my cah in my apahtment pahking space, and walk the ten minutes to Hahvid
>instead.
>
>I find, after only seven and a half years in the Boston area (Chestnut
>Hill & Somerville, if you must know), that I don't really drop Rs; I add
>them. I occasionally have trouble with Lawr and other such words, but I
>normally speak in the good ol' unaccented Miami dialect. So people
>mistake me for Canadian. I don't know why; every Canadian I've met has
>had a Canadian accent (including my boss).
>
>Jose

I usually find that with the adding "r"'s is either French-Canadian, or New Hampshire alone. My dad comes from 100% F-C, but he's also a NH native. Everyone on his side would say "Chiner," while my mom, being a mix of a bunch of nice stuff and being a native of Mass would say "cah." I am glad to not say "Chiner."

-C