Dragaera

Morrolan's strange ritual (spoiler included)

Wed Feb 2 10:12:40 PST 2005

Contains a spoiler... or might lead to a spoiler...

[snip]
> or when Vlad and Morrolan talk to the Cat Centaurs, they speak Dragaeran,
but with out and accent (I am pretty sure that's what it says). Any other
refrences to accents in Dragaera?

> -C

This reminded me of something I've been meaning to track down. When Vlad and
Morrolan were heading to the Paths of the Dead, there was a moment where
Morrolan did something rather odd to a statue (I believe it was referred to
as a ritual). The text seemed extremely vague, and Vlad in recounting it,
seemed embarrassed to elaborate. I just finished _Sethra_ a few days ago,
and was trying to determine if the information I learned in it helped me
solve this puzzle. My assumption now is that Morrolan took a piss on a
statue of... well, the name escapes me at the moment. The God that Morrolan
banished/killed/whatever. Starts with an "O". I'm sure this has been
discussed, what's the current thinking about what actually took place?
Further, I seem to recall that Morrolan took off his clothes. Maybe this is
faulty memory. I had a lot of fun in the 90's and killed many brain cells.

Concerning the "Evolution in languege" thread. First, is the spelling of
languege intended as some kind of entomology joke or was that a simple
mistake? Second, you guys crack me up. There is something wonderful about
watching/reading people get (what is to me) neurotic about a topic I can
barely understand. I'm certain that in this message alone, I've made a
number of horrendous errors. I apologize to all of you who are irked by
things that I'm not even aware of. Keep it up, it makes for fun reading and
actually teaches me something from time to time.

-paul w-