Dragaera

Defender always wins? (Was: Re: on contradictions and such)

Tue Feb 8 07:40:44 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 10:56, Jot Powers wrote:

> Hm...I was told that "sen sen no sen" was to "seize the initiative
> and never let it go".

The really is interesting.  Bearing in mind that my instructor (Sensei
Fusaro, then 6th Dan, JKA) was a white guy, and that this was years ago,
there are plenty of chances for confusion to slip in; but I'm fairly
sure that what we were taught as sen sen no sen involved finding the
moment when one's opponent was about to attack, but before he had
actually begun.

Strange.