Dragaera

Defender always wins? (Was: Re: on contradictions and s

Bato001 at aol.com Bato001 at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 11:13:58 PST 2005

In a message dated 02/10/2005 2:06:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
philiph at slac.stanford.edu writes:
>> In particular more troops would have allowed us to secure the weapons
>> depots which have fueled the insurgency.  Given the WMD justification
>> for the invasion, this failure to secure the depots strikes me as
>> unconscionable.

> who says the weapons came from inside? Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia--Iraqs
> borders are so insecure North Korea could be shipping nuclear bombs into the
> country.

That would be the main-stream media reporting on what the military says.
There was a little scandal before the election about hundreds of tons of
high explosives useful for, among other things, building atomic bombs.
Our soldiers saw the depot in question being emptied but they didn't have
time/personnel/orders to guard it.  The IEDs killing our guys and gals
recently are thought to be as deadly as they are because of the
use of those high explosives.

Why go shopping out-of-country when the corner depot is full of nasty
stuff you're trained to use?

I'm dropping out of this conversation because the whole issue drives me
bonkers.
Aw come on. Your no fun!!! Look, we are having a wonderful discussion, with
no arguments. When was the last time that happened?????

John D. Barbato, OD