Dragaera

larp (was: 1st in 2005)

MedCat7 at aol.com MedCat7 at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 10:11:43 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/14/2005 12:52:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, "Martin Wohlert" <martin_wohlert at hotmail.com> writes:

>I don't know what amtgard is. But then I'm from Sweden, and I think LARPing
>is done a bit differently here, we have larger forests for one thing, I
>expect.
>
>/Mrtn

It's probably a bit more indepth in Sweden *beacuse of* the large forests. Amtgard is based off of D&D, but you beat eachother up with foam swords and pretend to be someone you always wanted to be. You level up by going to the field every week and play a certain class. Here's the web site:

www.amtgard.com

They are all over the world (I can't think of the countries off the top of my head though).
-C