Dragaera

Kushiel's Dart

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 19:30:44 PST 2005

On the basis of the recommendations I have seen here I bought the book and read
it. I found it rich , deep, and very rewarding, and I am now slowly rereading
it, and looking forward to reading the sequels.

The sexual masochism of the narrator is central to her character and to the
plot, but it is not the point of the book. The author does not dwell in (gory,
juicy, sickening... take your pick) detail on those scenes, any more than Gene
Wolfe luxuriates in torture scenes in his Shadow of the Torturer tetralogy.

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]