Dragaera

Page Number References (was RE: V.S.S. Dzur Mountain)

Sun Feb 27 16:47:15 PST 2005

> > >Book of Taltos pg 313-314
> >
> > I keep seeing this kind of attribution.  I assume it's a
> compendium of
> > 2 or more of the Vlad Taltos novels.  How about telling us
> just which
> > of the individual novels you are quoting from?
>
> On second thought, it'd be easy enough to write a program to
> reindex them by page number, as in:
>
> Book of Jhereg, pgs 1-173 = Jhereg
> Book of Jhereg, pgs 174-317 = Yendi
> Book of Jhereg, pgs 318-471 = Teckla

Well, after mapping out the chapters in Jhereg, I decided I really wasn't up
to converting all my references for all 15 novels to be chapter-specific,
but I did convert the three compendiums to show the individual book as
follows:

Jhereg (Book of Jhereg 1-173)
Yendi (Book of Jhereg 174-317)
Teckla (Book of Jhereg 318-471)
Taltos (Book of Taltos 1-174)
Phoenix (Book of Taltos 175-389)
Athyra (Book of Athyra 1-208)
Orca (Book of Athyra 209-436)

I included the page numbers so you could at least have an idea of how far
into each book each reference was, so the quote at the top will now print
as:

Phoenix (Book of Taltos 175-389) pg 313-314 - ...

So this should be *around* page 138 or about two-thirds of the way through
the book.

Hopefully this will make it a little easier to track these quotes down
regardless of which print you have access to.

Speaking of prints, does anyone know if there is a plan to release a "Book
of Dragon" (Dragon + Issola)?  Or were the compendiums released just to get
the books back into print after Steve switched publishers?

I noticed from Mark's site (thanks, Linda) that there was a bookclub
printing of these two novels together.  I've been waiting to buy
Dragon/Issola hoping a matching compendium would be released.

Bryan