Dragaera

Sethra Lavode sightings

Bato001 at aol.com Bato001 at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 10:24:14 PST 2005

In a message dated 03/08/2005 1:00:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM writes:
Mark Landin wrote:
> Before this grows ... what are the list policies on political and
> religious discussions? Are there any guidelines? Some lists I know ban
> them completely, other tolerate them up to a certain point, and others
> have no specific policies...

There's no hard and fast rule, but we try to steer clear of topics which
aren't part of the Brust books.  Of course, this doesn't ALWAYS happen
(hell, even Steve chimes in on these), but we tend to be good about
keeping things civil, and eventually someone will steer us back on course.

This list is frighteningly reasonable.  Like a bunch of Issola jumped
onto the Info Super or something.

Hmm...didn't Steve say something about putting capital punishment into a
Vlad book, just so's we can talk about it?  (That is SOOO like him.) <grin>

All in all, no matter the topic, we're very polite here. :)

Chris
The funny thing is, I actually wrote a reply to this, then deleted it because
I thought it was too hot a topic and something that has already resulted in
*heated* discussion. Then again, we have had these conversations in the past
with *no* ill will, or long lasting enemity between list members. Course, we all
*already* hated each others guts, but that is beside the point.     ;)

John D. Barbato, OD