Dragaera

Assassination as a means of policy change

Wed Mar 9 11:35:19 PST 2005

What are your personal opinions on assassination as a means to effect policy by (or within) a government? In TPG, we have Mario used as a tool to change policy within the govt (well, that was the intention, anyway), and in Phoenix the Empire allows the assassination of an individual for it's own benefit. In addition, Kelly's movement has with in it's ranks a highly skilled assassin, would it be ethical for them to use Cawti in that role to further their movement? She is skilled enough they could use her with little fear of discovery by the Empire. Is "the ends justify the means" good enough, or does this type of "moral blockage" lead to the type of abuses shown in our own world (specifically the Meiji Restoration in Japan)?

Jeff G.