Dragaera

musing on some stuff "spoilers"

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:54:07 PST 2005

Whoops, this goes to the list.

Max Wilson

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:40:23 -0700
Subject: Re: musing on some stuff "spoilers"
To: Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com>

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:11:17 -0800, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> >-If the Serioli Vlad meets knows about Godslayer and Spellbreaker
> >having a relationship, why do the Jen. give him the other physical
> >half of it? Or did spellbreaker only require a strong enough Morganti
> >weapon that's destroyed a soul?
>
> Vlad himself asks that question without coming up with an answer. It's
> probably safe to file it under "Jenoine are inscrutable." It could simply be
> that they figured it was worth trying, especially if they assumed that he
> new the true nature of Spellbreaker. In that case, he might very well be
> motivated to kill a god in order to save his friends.
>
> It isn't clear whether the knife is the other half of the original Godslayer
> or not. Too little information.

"Original" Godslayer? My impression has always been that the existence
of Godslayer anciently was just one of those tricks that time plays,
like Devera's antics. I think there was a quote from Vlad at one point
about Godslayer being destroyed by the gods--but Vlad isn't all that
reliable a narrator. And the Serioli in Dragon uses a funny tense to
describe the relationship between Spellbreaker and Godslayer. There
"was/is/will be" an artifact named Remover-of-Aspects-of-Deity.

Max Wilson

--
something funny

--