Dragaera

City of Heroes and us

Fri Mar 18 14:16:19 PST 2005

>On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:48:59 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:
>> She doesn't age and she doesn't eat much in public.   What else is
>> different about her?

>She didn't age before she was undead. So that leaves "doesn't eat much
>in public" and "is very pale." (Note the rumors that Zerika is
>undead--"Yendi" I think--due to her paleness.)

Even if they aren't normally described, she must also have fangs or some
physical attribute that makes her condition obvious. The first time Vlad is
introduced to Sethra, Loiosh knows just by looking at her. "Boss, she's a
vampire!" Vlad might know her by reputation but his reply of "I know." sort
of indicates that it's also obvious to him just by looking at her.

>I think "life-challenged" is a cute way of putting it. Wonder if she
>still has a sense of taste... if not, wow, that would stink.

Judging by Orca, I'd say she has a sense of taste. I think Vlad even asks
about this and she tells him that she "nibbles" mainly to enjoy the flavors.
She certainly appears to enjoy sampling Vlad's cooking and offering her
compliments and advice on it.

I seem to recall that at one time or another Vlad has mentioned drinks/meals
with Sethra in which she's served a glass of "something red" without
clarifying it as wine. I've always supposed that those were the times we
were surreptiously seeing her consuming blood.