Dragaera

[Dragaera] Jenoine

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 10:56:37 PST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:47:20 -0500, Steve Simmons <scs at di.org> wrote:
> Oh, yes, I'm assuming some face-saving settlement will be negotiated.
> Vlad may resign his position in House Jhereg, and be fined $50, and have
> to pick up the garbage in the snow.  What will make the settlement work
> is the threat that Those Who Want Vlad Alive will step in and punish
> the Jhereg as a whole if someone assassinates Vlad.

Heh. Cute.

> Those Who Want Vlad Alive include Sethra, Morrolan, Aliera, and Verra.
> And probably the Necromancer.  I feel fairly sure that the Empress would
> be glad to back them up if it were pointed out that Vlad is a key piece
> in the war with the Jenoine.

Well, _now_ we're getting into interesting territory. I had been
thinking of it merely as a matter of personal friendship, but you're
right, things have changed. It's not just a matter of Not Wanting Vlad
Killed, it is a matter of Wanting Vlad Alive for good reasons.

Which raises an interesting point... is it possible to go on the
_offensive_ against the Jenoine? An offensive Sethra-style, that is,
which is to say goading them into attacking you where you're
strongest. Or is that foolish, and it's best just to leave them alone?
What do the different factions amongst the Jenoine want, anyway?

Max Wilson

--
something funny