Dragaera

Vlad's not a Jhereg at heart

Fri Mar 25 18:58:20 PST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:31:28PM -0800, Scott Schultz wrote:

> > >Do we know exactly how Aleira's soul was put into that staff?
>
> What we know from Sethra is that Loraan found the soul "lying in a field".
> He put it in the staff and stuck the staff into his magical soul analyzer.

Actually, it was Orlaan that found it in the field.  It was given
to Loraan in exchange for assistance.

At least according to Paarfi's story.

The name similarities are purely coincidental.

> I have no clue what a soul tossed into a cornfield by the equivalent of a
> nuclear explosion would look like but I've always liked the imagery.

I believe that _FHYA_ says Sethra tried to teleport Aliera away after
the Orb, and only partially succeeded.  I suspect she managed to get
her body to the Paths with the Orb, but that pesky soul thing followed
Mario or something.  :)

-Jot
--
 Jot Powers      http://www.superpowers.us      <books at bofh.com>
"A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice