Dragaera

Vlad and Kiera *Spoilers for _Orca_*

Mon Mar 28 12:05:21 PST 2005

>> We know that Noish-Pa, Ibronka and Vlad's
>> father (do you suppose Vlad will ever forgive his father enough to start
>> referring to him by name?)

>Do you refer to your father by name?

No, but I don't refer to my grandfather by first-name either, yet Vlad
clearly does. (Unless "Noish-pa" is some sort of Hungarian/Fenarian
endearment. That's certainly possible given that Kelly is the only person
who's greeted Noish-pa by name and he addressed him by his patronymic rather
than his given name.)

Regardless, it seems a bit odd that Vlad has given us all kinds of details
about his father but never his given name. It strikes me as being a way to
depersonalize him and keep him at a distance.