Dragaera

Great Weapons Redux

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:41:43 PST 2005

On Apr 1, 2005 2:01 PM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> and has no such qualms. However powerful Iceflame, Blackwand, and Pathfinder
> are at their magical abilities, Godslayer is actually a superior weapon in
> comparison to all of them. I digress again...

Perhaps. It's certainly superior for attacking Jenoine; is it superior
for fighting armies? (Blackwand is described as "the infantry
battalion disguised as a Morganti sword,"a phrase which makes me
laugh.) If anyone's ever read Saberhagen's Book(s) of Swords,
Blackwand reminds me a bit of Townsaver ("mow down armies"), and I
guess Godslayer is either like Farslayer ("kill any single being,
guaranteed, from any distance[1]"). They seem to be made for different
things. Pathfinder finds gods, Godslayer kills them: a good team.

Max Wilson
Who wonders about Godslayer's curious healing ability

[1] Or at least stick it through the heart/most vulnerable spot. Mark
survives a Farslayer attack because he has Woundhealer, the Sword of
Mercy, in his heart already when Farslayer arrives. But Farslayer can
slay demons no matter where they've hidden their lives...

--
I die! I attempt a speeling flame, but my flamer explodes and covers me
with burning oil. The fire spreads to the walls and nearby houses. The