Dragaera

Debut

Tue Apr 5 09:58:20 PDT 2005

Carolyn P. wrote:
> Hello, I am new to this shiny list.  I was wondering about Miska, the eternal coachmen that pops up in Brokedown Palace and his counterpart ( or same self) in The Paths of the Dead . Is there anything to this Miska/coachmen? Or am I being silly? I wrote to Mr Brust  on the subject, but I am nervous and afraid he wont reply, or maybe that he will  ^_^; .
> Does anyone have any thoughts or perhaps a direction they can point me in?....
> thanks

Heh.  Knowing Steve, if he does reply, his answer will be cryptic and
have three or four different meanings. ;)

Coachmen are a part of Hungarian folktales, and appear in a few of
Steve's novels.  Besides the two you mentioned, there's also one in _The
Gypsy_, and there might be one in either _Agyar_ or _Freedom and
Necessity_, though my memory may be faulty here, which means I simply
*must* those two back from whomever borrowed them, so that I can read
them again. :)

And welcome to the list!

:)
Chris