Dragaera

[SZKB] Vlad's height WAS Picture

Wed Apr 6 10:07:26 PDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 12:15 AM, Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 5, 2005 10:04 PM, Frank Mayhar <frank at exit.com> wrote:
> > Steve Hubbell wrote:
> > > How tall is Vlad supposed to be? SKZB describes various characters height
> > > throughout the various books, but I can't think of anyplace (except maybe
> > > Athyra?) where he mentions how tall Vlad is supposed to be. Is he tall or
> > > short for an Easterner? Was the Dragon Guard at the Dragon Wing of the
> > > palace who's breasts were at eye level tall or short for a Dragon?
> >
> > You know, I have no idea how tall Steve thinks he is, but in my head is
> > is a little shorter than I am, around 5'7" or 5'8".  Not _short_, but
> > next to, say, Morollan, the height difference would be quite pronounced.
>
> I tend to think of Vlad as being a pretty good-sized guy, maybe 6'0"
> or so and pretty muscular; partly because it heightens the irony of
> Dragaerans thinking of him as a shrimp, and partly because, well, he
> acts tough and he's bigger than Cawti. (For all I know, Cawti could be
> 5'10" and everyone around would still think she's tiny, although I
> think of her as more 5'6" or so.)
>
> Max Wilson
>
> --
> I die! I attempt a speeling flame, but my flamer explodes and covers me
> with burning oil. The fire spreads to the walls and nearby houses. The
> smoke from the flames blots out the sun. Crop failures abound and
> civilization collapses. The last humans huddle around their pathetic
> campfires as a new ice age ensues and the glaciers approach. The light
> of the fire attracts many wolves. All die! O, the embarrassment!

I was picturing Vlad around 5'7"- 5'8"... I was just discribing him to
my fiance last night, and the scene. I might get him hooked soon
ehough after all. I told him about Blackwand and his eyes lit up!

--
-C

"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called
mad and are shut up on rooms where they stare at the walls all day.
Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-- Meg Chittenden,