Dragaera

Sethra and Morrolan

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:02:57 PDT 2005

On Apr 7, 2005 5:45 PM, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> >Paarfi addressed this one.
>
> The abridged version of Paarfi:
>
> "Hi, Sethra. I know you're a legendary Enchantress and all but I'm new in
> town and figured I better ask you for tribute because I can't afford to make
> exceptions among my subjects."
>
> "Pleased to meet you Lord Morollan. I understand perfectly, and I'd like you
> to have this <spoiler> as my tribute. I hope this makes us square."
>
> "Perfectly. Thanks, so much."
>
> "You're most welcome."
>
> I'm going to call Paarfi out on this one and say that either he didn't
> really know what happened and made something up, or he editted the actual
> events in the same way that he editted the meeting between Aerich and
> Paresh. That is, "I don't care about the actual evidence, a gentleman would
> do things THIS way..."

Well, you left out the part where Morrolan keeps challenging Sethra,
and she's beginning to think she might have to kill him before Tukko
pops up with a <spoiler>, which makes her decide to give him a
<spoiler> instead.

My reading of the Aerich/Paresh thing: Either Aerich probably _did_
chase Paresh around, (although the sorecry is apparently Paresh's
embellishment since Aerich doesn't seem to know any) probably thinking
that Paresh might know what happened to Tazendra--mad with fear for
her and not thinking too straight--or else Paarfi came across a Paresh
or Paresh-like account and shoehorned Aerich and Tazendra into it for
the sake of the story. In Paresh's story, I seem to recall that the
Lyorn refers to Paresh's master as "he" or "gya," which doesn't fit
with Paarfi's account either.

Sometimes I wonder about that Paarfi fellow.

Max

--
I die! I mis-remember my friend's telephone number and dial
into a hydroelectric dam's power line, electrocuting myself.