Dragaera

the 17 houses

Thu Apr 7 21:55:18 PDT 2005

RnRPaintGrL at aol.com wrote:

>I've always wondered, and I hope to figure it all out someday, but here's  my
>question.
>Each house is named after an animal, and consiquently the members of each
>house to one degree or another are very similar to those animals. now some are
>rather easy to imagine, for example, dragon. I can picture what a dragon is,
>how  I think it should behave and for the most part the characters who are of
>the  dragon house pretty well hold up to that. ( my goodness I'm getting wordy)
>ok ok my question is, what animals are each house?
>I can figure out some, like dragon, phoenix, hawk, orca, but others I'm
>completely baffled. and a few have been given away to us, like in Taltos on the
>paths of the dead, an athyra talks to Vlad and he says quite plainly its a
>brown  bird. I really would love to know what each houses animal is at least
>similar  to.

See, dragons mess me up. I have the traditional image of a dragon in my
mind, and the described tentacles for Dragaeran dragons... well, I don't
know how to place them, and so the validity of my dragon image is called
into question. But for some reason, I have no problem imagining Loiosh
and other jhereg as 4-limbed (two legs, two wings), rather than
6-limbed. My mind is weird.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand