Dragaera

A Riddle

Joshua Kronengold mneme at io.com
Fri Apr 8 23:41:13 PDT 2005

Philip Hart writes:
>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, Joshua Kronengold wrote:
>> Philip Hart writes:
>> >I thought "caduceus", the snake-twined staff or wand Hermes carries as he
>> >leads souls to Hades, but that seems rather obscure.
>> It would not be beyond me to make a riddle whose answer is "cadescus"
>> (or however one spells it),
>Why, I spelled it but two lines above.

Yes.  My memory disagrees with your spelling.  However, my memory may
be wrong, and probably is.

>> but this is not that riddle.
>How do you know?  I mean, maybe you think that, say, "mercury" is a
>better answer, but ...

That's not the answer either (for similar reasons as a cadescus -- I
wouldn't use Hermes to refer to either his Roman analogue or his
regalia; it's a bit gauche.  Obviosly, I'm referring to a cadescus in
my imagery, but it wouldn't be much of a riddle if that were the
answer).

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org))  |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^-- "Get your mind right and you can make a stick    /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'