Dragaera

Where's the technology?

Tue Apr 12 14:49:43 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
To: "'Listserve Steve Brust'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 12:38 PM
Subject: Where's the technology?

<snip>

So, why has the East remained in this state some 3000 generations of men
after the founding of the Empire?

You could ask the Egyptians. . . (heh)

But how do you know it has? The only snapshots we have are relitivly close
to the Interegnum (spelling). when is Brokedown Palace set? The only other
example we have are provided by Paarfi, a source almost as unreliable as
Vlad as far as the truth goes. What if the society in the east has had as
many rises and falls as ours? Also, remeber all of the disasters brought on
by the loss of the Orb. If the rest of Dragaera is as unstable as is hinted
at by Sethra when recounting the Interegnum, that could account for a slow
rise in Easterner tech. Or they could be driving around in SUV's, and the
Overcast in Dragaera is their way of dealing with pollutants (let someone
else deal with it.)

Jeff