Dragaera

Aliera's companion in the Paths of the Dead

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:55:01 PDT 2005

On 4/14/05, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
> Being essentially a demi-god, Aliera COULD visit the Paths herself to meet
> Kieron there and have a hope of leaving. Such a visit would still be frought
> with peril since the Gods would likely try to prevent her from leaving
> again, blood or no. Whatever brings Aliera and Kieron back together again
> must be something of great moment in order for her to take the risk. I'd
> imagine the Gods must be getting a bit tired of living people coming and
> going from the Paths of the Dead.

The thought occurs that it may be harder to prevent her leaving, now
that she holds a Great Weapon designed for killing gods. After the
little scrabble by the Lesser Sea, I'm less in awe of Lords of
Judgments than before. Note that they didn't try to stop Morrolan and
Blackwand from leaving, merely warned that it wasn't possible to
survive the experience; and Aliera wouldn't have that particular
problem. So yeah, I guess she could potentially get away with
returning.

> more years to that. Given their lifespan, it's possible that Dragaerans have
> a gestation period of decades rather than months, but we don't have any
> information at the moment that would lead us to believe that. (Granted that

Phoenix and Issola both suggest that Aliera has no knowledge of
Devera's existence. Phoenix: "I saw your daughter." "Who?" Issola: The
dragon. "You don't know?" "Should I?" "Yes." I certainly don't think
Aliera ever ran off to copulate with Kieron during the events of
Taltos.

> It just doesn't seem likely that she was impregnated during or before the
> events of Taltos, and we have yet to hear of any opportunities that have
> occurred since then.

I agree. So far it's an enigma.

Max Wilson

--
I die! I mis-remember my friend's telephone number and dial
into a hydroelectric dam's power line, electrocuting myself.