Dragaera

The Brustiverse

Mon Apr 18 11:35:06 PDT 2005

> Cowboy Feng's deals with the human race, long after our present day, where
> interstellar travel has become possible, and interplanetary colonization has
> occurred.  I would imagine that it was explorers from around this time
> period who first discovered Dragaera, and maybe even colonized it,
> eventually turning into the Serioli.  In fact, Sethra may even date from
> this time, perhaps even as an incarnation of the female vampire created in
> Agyar, or maybe even the same person, who knows.  That would date Sethra's
> age at roughly 24528592085092852524805 years old or so, or something
> similarly meaningless.  But it is an accepted fact of our vampire-lore that
> the older the vampire, the more powerful she is.  I don't know if there's
> ever a point where one kind of peaks, powerwise, but I would estimate that
> Sethra has done so--and even from there she has potential for growth--she
> did after all, turn down Godhood.

Interesting idea. I think it's very possible. Now I'll have to go read the Cowboy Feng's book.  :)

One thing though is that I'm pretty sure it's mentioned that the Serioli are the native race of
Dragaeria and that humans came and from the stars. It would be interesting to find out that Sethra
was a Vampire BEFORE being experimented on.

Personally, I still think that Brust always thought of his universe as being part of the Amber
universe. He even tried to write Vlad into the first part of Nine Princes in Amber is a story I
read that was published on the web. It was the one where Vlad finds Godslayer and kills some god
with it. In it he had Vlad be the guy Random and Corwin pass on their first shadowwalk.

"I didn't spend all those years playing D&D and not learn a little something about courage."
   -Some Dork, The X-Files

Erik Holmes
Shoby187 at yahoo.com
AIM: ErikHolmes