Dragaera

A possible past-life-soul memory as a Dzurlord???

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Mon Apr 25 20:34:54 PDT 2005

Hi,

I came across this section while trying to find out who taught Vlad history
and the Cycle poem.

Score 2 at 68.7% in chapter teckla12.html
… bookstore. I spent a lot of money there, but it was worth it. I especially
loved history -- Dragaeran, not human. And the stories, too. I guess I
couldn't
tell them apart very well. I …

When I read the full passage in Teckla, it made me think of something else.

Natalia talking to Vlad:

"'bookstore. I spent a lot of money there, but it was worth it. I especially
loved history -- Dragaeran, not human. And the stories, too. I guess I
couldn't
tell them apart very well. I used to pretend I was a Dzurlord, and I'd fight
the battle of Seven Pines then go charging up Dzur Mountain to fight the
Enchantress all in one breath.  What is it?'

   I suppose I must have jumped a bit when she mentioned Dzur Mountain.  I
said, 'Nothing.  When did you meet Kelly again?'"

The Book of Jhereg, Teckla, Chapter 12, pg 429.

That made me look for this text:

In Jhereg, Vlad is in the middle of a spell with Cawti and Daymar and Loiosh

Score 3 at 69.2% in chapter jhereg05.html
… ... The Dzur hero, coming alone to Dzur mountain, sees Sethra Lavode stand
up before him, Iceflame alive in her hand....  …

Jhereg, Chapter 5 "There are dangers in eyesight too keen.", pg 62-63.
The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Chapter 5, pg 46.

Are these two text extracts connected?

Before Jhereg, was Vlad with Sethra Lavode when a Dzur hero came to Dzur
mountain?  In Teckla, he does not seem to know why he "jumped a bit" or
whatever Vlad did to make Natalia say "What is it?".  If he was wondering
how could Natalia know about that Dzur hero, why didn't he suppose that
was why he jumped a bit?

Or could the text from Teckla be a hint of a past-life-soul memory?  Could
whatever that was from the spell in Jhereg be related or just plain old
memories?

Just more wild speculation.

Bye.

Linda G.