Dragaera

House characteristics

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:51:17 PDT 2005

On 4/26/05, Bryan Newell <bryann at bryann.net> wrote:
> Paths of the Dead, pg 241 - [Zivra explaining how she is actually
> Zerika, the Phoenix Heir] The story is, my friend Piro, that it was
> your father who convinced my father to send my mother out of Dragaera
> City, and she only barely escaped the Disaster.  As it was, she hardly
> survived my birth, although whether it was childbirth that took her,
> or plague, or brigands, or some other cause entirely, I don't know.
> But I know that Sethra Lavode was aware of me, and, although she will
> say nothing, I suspect it was by her hand that I eventually came to my
> foster parents in Adrilankha.

The Vladiad suggests that the above information is inaccurate. IIRC,
Zerika's parents both died in the Disaster, before Zerika's birth.
Sethra, when asked how this is possible, "looks smug" and doesn't
explain. (I don't remember the source, and the book search doesn't
seem to have it.)

Max

--
I die! I mis-remember my friend's telephone number and dial
into a hydroelectric dam's power line, electrocuting myself.