Dragaera

evolution in languege: OT.now on topic

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 13:18:12 PDT 2005

--- MedCat7 at aol.com wrote:
> And to have this a little on topic, when Vlad speaks to Svan, he points out that he
> could tell Vlad was from somewhere south, or when Vlad and Morrolan talk to the Cat
> Centaurs, they speak Dragaeran, but with out and accent (I am pretty sure that's what
> it says). Any other refrences to accents in Dragaera?

Yes, quite a few. See my section "Dragaeran Dialects" at
http://www.speakeasy.org/~mamandel/Cracks-and-Shards/languages.html#Drag-dials

And I'm way behind schedule -- schedule? what schedule? -- on keeping up with the books
as well as the mail. But I think I have my Brust email folder down to about 1150.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://cracksandshards.com
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website
   [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]