Dragaera

dragon

Sat May 7 21:12:03 PDT 2005

--- Mia McDavid <mia_mcdavid at comcast.net> wrote:
 > Popular opinion is that the dragon is Devera.  Pretty much process of
 > elimination--Devera is in all the books *someplace*...

Issola (chapter 3, Dropping In Unexpectedly) page 50, last paragraph...

"The window blurred and shifted, filled with lights, and darkness, and
indistinct shapes. Herds of animals I didn’t recognize grazed upon green
fields beneath a sky that was a peculiar grey; strange appendages like
fingers worked upon a small metallic object, striking it with a tool; a
mountain peak appeared below me, stark against a sky that was black, black,
black; there was an ocean of green, waves that seemed huge and that crashed
against the window but didn’t pass through;

a young girl who may have been human or Dragaeran and who I might or might
not have recognized made impossible eye contact with me;

an athyra-like bird screeched horribly and fell along a wooded path, then
vanished into nothing as it landed; violet sparks came from a wheel that
spun at incredible speeds, though to no purpose I could imagine; a man with
a pen made odd scratches on a long roll of Parchment;...."

So, if Devera makes her appearence in the book here, where does that leave
the process of elimination arguement concerning her being the dragon?