Dragaera

Glowbulbs? Did they go away along with Dragaera City?

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sat May 7 23:53:48 PDT 2005

Steve Hubbell wrote on  Sun, 08 May 2005 03:46:35 +0000

>Savn saw glowbulbs in Loraan's manor in Athyra

Hi,

Are you referring to this:

"but he realized there was some light, which came from a faintly
glowing lightstone--a device Savn had heard about but never seen.
It was high up in the middle of the ceiling, which was a good
twelve feet overhead."

The Book of Athyra, Athyra, Chapter 15, page 182.
Athyra, Chapter 15, page 211

I suppose it could be a glowbulb programmed to go to
the ceiling and be stationary and be only faintly glowing.

Glowbulbs follow people around ("slowing approaching glowbulb")
and helpfully provide light. Jhereg have to disable them to
prevent glowbulbs from alerting "everyone in the area that
someone was crouching in an alley".

Five Hundred Years After, Chapter the Twenty-third, paperback,
page 350.
Five Hundred Years After, Chapter the Twenty-ninth, paperback,
page 451.

In my opinion, the lightstone is something different than a
glowbulb.

Bye.

Linda G.