Dragaera

Phoenix Guards / Red Boot

Fri May 13 10:47:02 PDT 2005

On 5/13/05, Casey Rousseau <casey at the-bat.net> wrote:
> Red Boot Battalion and White Sash Battalion.  Both parts of the Imperial
> Guard.  IIRC the White Sash look down on the Red Boot (to which our heroes
> belong) for being more like "police" in TPG, for the White Sash guards the
> person of the Emperor.  I think these roles were ultimately reversed with
> the discreditation of Lanmarea.
>
> Casey

Ah, very good.  That rings a bell.

I was trying to recall a vibe that was tingling away in the back of my
head and remembered TPG.  I'm finishing up a short story involving one
good knight embroiled in a tightly contested election in his order
(which emcompasses the House of the Vulture -- assassin / priests --
and the House of the Dove -- essentially Knights Templar without the
stigma of Crusades).  My hero is treading a narrow road between
extremists on each side, and I've worked out most of the other
elements of my story except for what he actually *does* with his days
when he's not being distracted by intrigue.

Thank you kindly.
--
johne cook | johne.cook at gmail.com | http://www.phywriter.com |