Dragaera

House characteristics

Tue Jul 5 19:25:26 PDT 2005

> Kenneth Gorelick wrote on Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:12:50 -0400
>
> >Never made the connection before, but that means that Grita and
> >Ibronka are half-sisters...
>
> Huh or heh?
>
> How do you figure?
>
> I do not think we know who Grita's mother is or was.
>
> Bye.
>
> Linda G.

I nearly think I already covered this:

fjeblbda

6. Is Grita Ibronka's (much) older sister?  Consider the following:

FHYA pg 66 - [Grita] was a product of the House of Dzur [and] the
House of
Tsalmoth.  [She] was one of those unfortunates who, being the product
of two
houses, belong to none.

FHYA pg 393 through 397 -
Dunaan: You give orders to [Sennya, Dzur Heir and Ibronka's mother]?
... How
can this be?
Greycat: Does it matter?  She'll do what she is told ...
Dunaan: Yet, I cannot believe--
Greycat: Pah!  It is easy to control a Dzurlord--no one is more
sensitive to
appearances; threaten to publicly shame one and he is yours.
[...]
Grita: I heard.
Greycat: And?
Grita: There are times when I am ashamed to know you.
Greycat: How, you refer to my plan to appease the Jhereg?
Grita: No.
Greycat: Then you refer--
Grita: Yes.
Greycat: I had not known you cared.
Grita: I do not.
Greycat: Well, then?
Grita: Nevertheless, that you would use--
Greycat: I have not asked for your opinion.
[...]
Greycat: Then, I believe, there is nothing more to be said.
Grita: On the contrary, there is a great deal to be said, but I do not
believe we will say any of it.  I have no wish to, at all events.
Have you?
[Greycat walks out on her.]

FHYA pg 516 - "Who?" said Tazendra.  "Who is your mother?"  Grita did
not
speak.

POTD pg 139 - "I have made many errors in my life," [Sennya] admitted
herself.  "I have been foolish, and self-indulgent, and irresponsible,
and
even, on one occasion, weak.  Yet I still have Ibronka ... Perhaps the
gods
have forgiven me my lapse, for they have graced me with a daughter
for--well, the one who is lost.  It must have been a gift of the gods,
for
... I thought myself too old to have a child."

Bryan