Dragaera

Dzur OT: Firefly Serenity

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 00:14:54 PDT 2005

On Firefly and Serenity:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=2&id=31260

>"SCI FI To Air Firefly Episodes
>SCI FI Channel announced that it will air reruns of Fox's canceled SF
>series Firefly,

>including three episodes

>that never aired on Fox. SCI FI will air all 14 hours of the show, from
>creator Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), starting

>July 22, in the 7 p.m. ET/PT Friday timeslot. "

>"Universal Pictures will release Serenity, a theatrical film based on
>Firefly, on Sept. 30."

Heh, this is not really OT (Off topic) because there is a connection
to Steve Brust and Dzur.

Thank you to the person that found this website:
http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/006489.html
(I can't get dragaera search to work on recent postings)

"Jonathan Vos Post ::: (view all by) ::: June 28, 2005, 11:57 AM:

>At which point I must say how cool it was to be at SFRA and hear BOTH
>Elizabeth Bear and Steve Brust. They defined the "cool table" when
>formal events paused and drinks began. Steve Brust did one-up others
>at said table by describing "Serenity" to the jealous (John Barnes
>et al.) with some faux spoilers.

>Did I say how often Steve Brust praised Patrick's editing?"

On Dzur from http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/006489.html

"Teresa Nielsen Hayden ::: (view all by) ::: June 29, 2005, 05:45 PM:

>It starts about ten minutes after Issola ends. Reading the prologue
>made me hungry."

You may have read in The Paths of the Dead "Some Notes Toward Two
Analyses of Auctorial Method and Voice"
copyright 2002 by Teresa Nielsen Hayden

Not only is she editing Dzur, but she edited Dragon, Issola, The Paths
of the Dead, The Lord of Castle Black, and Setrha Lavode. (according
to the edition? page in each book)