Dragaera

Today's cooking recipe for an article on Dragaeran life, culture, and art.

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com FRIEDA2133 at aol.com
Sat Jul 9 00:40:15 PDT 2005

Campfire food recommendations from Pel and Wadre:

"Pel approached this campfire and said, 'Good evening, stranger.  May
I share your fire?  I have some dried fruit, as well as cheese, and,
if it should please you, why, I am more than happy to share them.'
   'You are most welcome, sir,' said the other, 'and would be even
if you had nothing.  It is lonely in the mountains, or even at their
feet, and company is always welcome.'
   Pel dismounted, hobbled his horse, and approached the fire,
saying, 'I am Galstan; may I inquire as to whom I have the honor of
addressing?'
   'I am Wadre, a road agent by trade, although you need have no
fear on that score, as I do not work alone, and my associates are not,
at this time, near at hand.'
   'Ah, I am reassured. Here, may I offer you these figs? I have made
trial of them upon myself and found them excellent.'
   'You are courteous.  For my part, I have managed to save a little
wine, and by the Gods, you are welcome to the half of it.'"

The Lord of Castle Black, paperback, Chapter the Thirty-Fifth, page 4-5.