Dragaera

Today’s cooking recipe for an article on Dragaeran life, culture, and art.

FRIEDA2133@aol.com FRIEDA2133
Sun Aug 14 02:18:42 PDT 2005

I hope I got the subject to match the one that used to be in the mailing
list archive--although that may not matter if David is not able to restore
it.

A Breakfast (?) at Whitecrest Manor:

  "Ibronka was seated and given klava and warm butterfly rolls with honey."

The Lord of Castle Black, paperback, Chapter the Thirty-Sixth, page 19.

This cooking extract is from an inn in the Village of Nacine:

"after a meal consisting of the local fish, called freshwater whitefish,
which they prepared by a system they called "double-cooking."  This
peculiarity of the region required them to saute the fish with slivered
rednuts and toe mushrooms, and then, after sprinkling them with sesame
seeds, to cook them briefly in a large baking oven.  The consensus
among Morrolan and his friends was that this procedure was successful,
but not worth the amount of time they were required to wait."

The Lord of Castle Black, paperback, Chapter the Thirty-Seventh, page 29.

This does not help me figure out what the earth equivalent of rednuts are
because according to google Hazelnuts/almonds/chestnuts/macadamia
nuts/pecans can all be slivered.

Bye.

Linda G.